Richard A Beller, MD
Richard A. Beller received his undergraduate degree in Biology with Honors and Distinction and Music from Stanford University in 1973. He received his M.D. degree from Stanford University Medical Center in 1978. He then completed an internship at St Mary’s Hospital in San Francisco. After a three-year residency in Ophthalmology at the University of California Medical Center in San Francisco, he moved to Napa, California to begin his practice, and has been in here for over twenty years.
Dr. Beller has strong roots in comprehensive ophthalmology, providing medical and surgical care for cataract and glaucoma, as well as a host of other conditions. He has a special interest in retinal diseases, including diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration. Facilities for advanced care with forefront technology are available for these conditions at the community level. He has been recognized as a Top Bay Area Physician in 2004 by his peers.
Dr. Beller has maintained an interest in jazz music and continues to study and perform on the vibraphone. His interest in music and the arts finds a bountiful home in the Napa Valley.
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Examiner, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California Med Center, San Francisco
- Best Doctors, Top Bay Area Physician, 2004
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- California Association of Ophthalmology
- California Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Napa County Medical Association
- Frederick C. Cordes Eye Society
- Chair, Institutional Review Committee, Queen of the Valley Hospital